"The hands are drawn together in prayer pose,
Qi is in the hands,
Full and not full.
Receive qi from the universe
Give time to this practice
Your heart and spirit connect
Qi then spreads to your entire body.
You understand from your heart,
You belong to God
Your spirit is purified
You are awakened."
Heaven Nature Gong, 5th movement : “The Union of Qi with Heaven”
I am pleased to announce the third Sheng Zhen “Teachers In Training” teleconference call. This series of monthly teleconference calls is designed to support Sheng Zhen teachers and teachers in training with both their own practice and in how to share it with others. Their purpose will be to assist us all in becoming better teachers of Sheng Zhen and to provide a place for the community to get together on a regular basis.
The format of the call will be:
- open with zhongtien movement
- short guided mediation
- one-by-one each of us will have a turn to speak
- use the remaining time for further discussion of anything that was brought up
We would like to explore this idea of perseverance in our practice. Spending adequate time holding or repeating any Sheng Zhen movement allows one to experience the feelings described in the above contemplation. We want to ask everyone to ponder and discuss the following questions:
- What is your understanding of the importance of giving time to holding a position, or repeating a certain movement many times?
- What sensations or feelings have you experienced while staying in position?
- What factors limit your ability to spend time holding movements?
- How can we encourage ourselves, and our students, to go deeper and “give time to this practice”?